I wasn’t surprised when I searched the internet this morning and discovered that blogging in the No.1 easiest way to make money on the internet. Yesterday, while I was discussing how to make money from affiliate marketing in Nigeria, I briefly explained how lucrative blogging is and how it is possible to become famous just by writing and publishing articles/News.
Now you may be asking, “why is blogging very lucrative?” The reason is simply because blogging covers every online business. Take for instance, anyone who wants to do affiliate marketing needs a blog to do that, anyone who wants to settle Ebooks needs a blog to promote it. Accordingly, someone who wants to start an e-commerce business, might also need a website to promote it.
Though having a blog is not compulsory to start up any of the businesses mentioned above, it can be a fast way to get customers for those businesses. Due to how broad blogging is, there are many ways through which one can make money from blogging. In this article, we will be looking at the different ways of making money from blogging. If you just started a blog and you are looking for how to make money from blogging in Nigeria, this is the right article for you to read.
What is a blog?
A Blog is simply a website with a simple design that is updated with new contents frequently. Usually, the purpose of blogging is to make provide information to the users. A blog is not the same thing as a website because, while a blog is updated frequently, a website may not. Accordingly, the purpose of a website may be for other reasons such as to sell products, connect with users etc.
In general, it is important to note that all blogs are website but not all websites are blogs. As we continue, I will share with you the top 5 ways to make money from blogging in Nigeria this 2020.
How to make money from blogging in Nigeria
1. Make use of Adsense: Adsense is the most used and easy way to make money from blogging in Nigeria. It is an advertising program that is owned by Google. It was released by Google in 2003 to enable passionate bloggers earn from their passion.
Currently Google adsense offers text, images, video, or interactive media ads. These ads are displayed on the sites of publishers and when visitors click on those ads, they will be able to earn some percentage.
It should be noted that adsense is not the only advert programs on the internet. There are thousands of them you can also try out incase adsense refuses to approve your site. Take for instance, you can apply for approval in Infolinks, Media.net, Chikita, etc.
2. Sell your own product: Another interesting way to make money from blogging in Nigeria is to sell your own products. In this case, you have to create a website that allows people to buy a particular product from you and the website must also have a blog.
After telling people about your product through your blog, the next thing is to refer them to buy from your website where you sell things related to your niche.
Lets take for instance; if your niche is education, you can write about the top 10 laptops for students on your blog, then refer them to buy those laptops from you. This is another lucrative way to make money blogging.
3. Become and affiliate marketer: In our previous article, i clearly explained how blogging can be used for affiliate marketing. It is a great way to make money from blogging. In fact, affiliate marketing seems to be the best way to make money from blogging. It is even more lucrative than Google Adsense because the percentage of commission given to affiliate marketers is higher than that of blogging for every product.
A single sale made through affiliate marketing can make thousands of naira for a blogger but adsense publishers may be paid as little as $1.00 for that. So you see, Affiliate marketing is indeed a good way to make money from blogging.
4. Promote other people product: Promoting people’s product can also be a good way to make money from blogging in Nigeria. During my early years of blogging, I actually thought I needed thousands of traffic to make money through this way, but I later found out that it is not even necessary.
As long as a you have a considerable amount of traffic to your site, start sending mails to companies. Tell them that you can promote their products through your website for a reduced cost. After doing this, you will definitely get companies that would want to work with you.
5. Sell ebooks to readers: First and foremost, if you think it is impossible to make money by selling ebooks then you need to read my article on how to sell ebooks here. Selling Ebooks seems to be another wonderful way to make money from blogging in Nigeria.
With the rapid increase in technological growth, i strongly believe a time will come when students will no longer carry books to school. Thus, the business of selling ebooks is going to continue booming for some years to come. I am not going to say much in this article because I have already explained how to make money by selling ebooks in Nigeria. I highly recommend you to read that article for more information.
In conclusion, i must let you know that there are other fast ways to make money from blogging which are not even mentioned in this article. The methods I explained in this article are just the top 5 ways to make money from blogging in Nigeria. Hope this article was helpful? Meanwhile, if you have any question or contribution kindly drop it at the comment section.