Research shows that some of the most lucrative ways to make money without going out of your home is through blogging and affiliate marketing. These two online businesses are related and can be done at the same time. Nonetheless, one can decide to do Affiliate marketing and make good money without necessarily being a blogger. Affiliate marketing is so lucrative that you can earn a living from it. Aside from the fact that it requires time and little investment, which are the downsides of the business, it is still one of the easiest and highest paying ways to make money online.
In this tutorial, i will share with you everything you need to know about affiliate marketing and how to make money from affiliate marketing in Nigeria. After this work, you can drop all your questions relating to affiliate marketing in the comment section and I will give you a reply as soon as I can.
Also see: How to apply for divorce in Nigeria
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a person is rewarded for promoting or convincing other people to patronize a business. Take for example, if Ekene brings three persons to buy from Amazon, he is reffered to as an affiliate marketer and he will be paid for doing so.
That is exactly what Affiliate marketing is all about. It is all about referring people to purchase a product through you.
How Affiliate marketing works
Now you may be asking, how does affiliate marketing work? Well, the process isn’t very cumbersome. First, the Affiliate marketer has to register and collect products from the Affiliate marketing program. This could be through links (where it is an online affiliate program) or real products.
Secondly, the affiliate marketer will promote the product of the and get people to purchase the product through him or her. After the sales, the affiliate marketer will be paid a commission for that product and the amount largely depends on the affiliate program and product. So some products may be more lucrative than others.
The affiliate program will track every referral made by the affiliate marketer and in some cases, they pay for the referrals too. This is made possible because every affiliate marketer has a special link that is totally different from the link of other affiliate marketers.
This is exactly how affiliate marketing works and how people make money through the business. Now, what are the most popular affiliate marketing programs that Nigerian can use or register as affiliate marketers?
Top 5 Affiliate Marketing Programs for Nigerians
1. Jumia Affiliate Program: Jumia Affiliate Program is one of the best and most trusted affiliate marketing programs for Nigerians. Though I haven’t use them before, I have heard a lot of people say good things about the program.
Jumia is by far the best I have also seen in Nigeria because they pay 11% commission for every sale made by their affiliate marketers. I personally recommend this program if you are new to affiliate marketing because a lot of people use them.
2. Amazon Affiliate Program: Amazon is apparently not a Nigerian affiliate marketing program but it can be used by Nigerians. Amazon is known for its good user interface for affiliate marketers. A lot of people also use them and has confirmed that their tracking system worked excellently well. You can also give them a try if you really want to make money from affiliate marketing in Nigeria.
3. Konga Affiliate Program: If you are a Nigerian, you should know that Jumia and Konga are the most respected online stores in the country. In fact, they are strong competitors of each other. This makes Konga another good place to start you affiliate marketing business in Nigeria. Konga also has good user interface and a reasonable commission which they pay for every product you refer to people.
4. AliExpress Affiliate Program: AliExpress is another wonderful way to make money from affiliate marketing. As long as you have a blog or social media account with considerable amount of visitors, you will be able to make good money from the program. Frankly speaking, I haven’t used AliExpress Affiliate Program before, but based on general opinion of people, I think it is a great place to start off.
5. Shopify Affiliate Program: If you search Shopify Affiliate Program on Google now, you will see that Shopify is one of the best affiliate programs with good reviews. Immediately you sign up with them, you will be given a unique referral link for all the products which you are promoting. Trust me, with Shopify, you are good to go. Though it is not a Nigerian affiliate program, it is one of those I can wholesomely recommend to anyone.
So far, i have disclosed the top 5 affiliate marketing programs that are good for every beginner. I will now continue by telling you some important tips to become a successful affiliate marketer in Nigeria.
1. Find a way to get visitors: As you may know, making money on the internet requires a lot of traffic no matter what the job is. Affiliate marketing isn’t an exception to this. If you really want to make money through affiliate marketing in Nigeria, you need people to buy from you. Now the question is, “How do you get people?”. Well the answer to that question isn’t very difficult.
You can open a blog, or social media account that generates thousands of visitors every day. When you get the visitors, you can now promote your product through your referral links.
Note that making money as an affiliate marketer does not require that you will become a blogger too. Though, it can be an advantage if you have a blog because blogging is another great way to get a lot of traffic.
2. Be convincing: Another important thing I must stress on in this article is your ability to convince. It is very important because people cannot purchase from you if you can’t give them a reason to do that. You have to be convincing in your work. When writing about your product, tell people about the benefits they will get if they buy from you.
This is a secret many affiliate marketers don’t know about and it can make you stand out. Your ability to convince goes a long way to determine your sales and earnings.
3. Be patient: Nothing good comes easy and so is it in affiliate marketing. When you start it up at first, it will seem very difficult but if you continue, you will enjoy it at last. Just be patient for at least, 6 months. During this 6 months, work relentlessly and ask for tips from those who are experienced in it. You will definitely learn by doing so.
In conclusion, i would like to remind you that affiliate marketing is one of the most lucrative online businesses that anyone can start. I know of a friend that feeds his family from this little business. Don’t let anyone discourage you. With everything I have shared in this article, i strongly believe you can make money from affiliate marketing in Nigeria. All you have to do is to be hardworking and consistent.